1% Salicylic Acid: Dry Skin Formulation
1% Salicylic Acid for dry, mature and sun damaged skin.
Non-drying formulation for a brighter, smoother and glowing complexion. Created by naturopath and nutritionist specifically for dry skin. Also available as high strength 2% Salicylic Acid.
100% free from fragrance, preservatives and propylene glycol.
Salicylic acid is a plant hormone that has been used to treat skin disorders for over 2000 years. Its exfoliating properties clear away the buildup of dead surface skin cells which can make dry, mature and sun damaged skin look dull and uneven. It assists dead skin cells to shed in a way that mimics more youthful skin.
- Boosts skin renewal
- Stimulates collagen production
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimises enlarged pores
- Reduces blackheads, pimples and milia
- Assists in minimising visible signs of sun damage, including hyper pigmentation
- Reduces redness and inflammation
- Improves absorption of serums and active ingredients like vitamin C, Bakuchiol, Niacinamide and Retinol.
Multitasking skin hero. Works as both an oil cleanser or a leave on treatment.
Naturopath and Nutritionist formulated with just 5 ingredients for truly healthy skincare.
Who should use 1% Salicylic Acid dry skin
- Dry skin
- Mature skin
- Sun damaged skin
- Sensitive skin
- Any skin type prone to congestion, breakouts and black heads
- Enlarged pores
1% Salicylic Acid is the best place to start if you’ve never used this active ingredient before and you’re unsure where to begin. If using for sun damaged skin, start at 1% and increase to 2% as skin adjusts.
How Salicylic Acid works
Salicylic acid, also known as Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) is an oil soluble exfoliant that dissolves the bonds that hold dead skin cells to the surface of your skin. The ability to shed these dead cells decreases with age, leading to dull, dry and uneven skin.
Being oil soluble, salicylic acid is also able to penetrate deep inside pores where it exfoliates and clears out dead skin and old sebum, helping to keep pores clean and reducing breakouts, congestion and blackheads.
Salicylic acid also has mild antifungal properties and is anti-inflammatory.
Full ingredients list Salicylic Acid Dry Skin
- Medium chain triglyceride oil
- Organic castor oil
- Salicylic acid
- Natural vitamin Edry skin
How to use 1% Salicylic Acid dry skin
- Massage into skin, focusing on problem areas. Leave for 2-5 minutes and then remove with a damp face cloth or cotton pads.
Leave on treatment
- Apply to clean skin in the evening.
- Wait 10 minutes before applying other products.
- If you’re brand new to active skincare or salicylic acid, start with using once every 3 days and slowly increase to using once daily.
For the treatment of pigmentation and sun damage
- Start with using 1% salicylic acid once daily. Increase to using twice daily and once your skin has adjusted, increase strength to 2% Salicylic Acid.
- It can take 3-4 months to see the best results and you MUST use sun protection every day.
Combines well with
- Vitamin C Serums
- Vitamin C Serum + Bakuchiol, plant based retinol alternative
- Blue Tansy Serum
- Moisturising Balm for Very Dry Skin
Reactions and side effects
- If used properly and not overused (abused) Salicylic Acid is generally very well tolerated and will effectively clear away dead skin cells without damaging either your skin barrier or stripping skin of moisture.
- Do not combine with other products that contain Salicylic acid.
- It is normal to experience a slight tingling sensation when first applied.
- You may experience some patches of dry skin in your few days of use due its exfoliative action. This usually occurs on days 3-5. To remove this dead, dry skin, apply Squalane Oil or Jojoba Oil and leave for 5-10 minutes before massaging well then wipe clean with a warm, damp face cloth or cotton pads.
- Discontinue use if you experience burning or irritation. If you’re concerned or have questions on how to use, please contact us.