Chemical Free Vitamin C Serum Ingredients*
- Squalane (plant origin NOT shark liver)
- Vitamin C (tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate)
- Distilled lemon oil (Citrus limon)
- Rosemary extract
Where are the rest of the ingredients?
If you’re reading this ingredients list, chances are you’re wondering where the rest of our ingredients are? Surely these are just the active ingredients?
After all, most other vitamin C serums on the market have anywhere from 12-18 different ingredients.
These are the ONLY ingredients in our minimalist vitamin C serums. What we leave out is as important as what we put in.
Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate (THD-C) is a premium vitamin C derivative (ester). The benefits of THD-C over L ascorbic acid include:
- Fat soluble form of vitamin C means that it can cross the skin’s lipid barrier easily to be absorbed deeper within the skin where it can more effectively support collagen.
- THD-C is more stable. L ascorbic acid oxidises easily and readily when exposed to light, heat and oxygen.
- THD-C can be formulated at a skin friendly pH making it suitable for even the most sensitive skin. L ascorbic should be formulated at an acidic pH of around 2.5-3.5 (similar acidity to red wine) for stability and maximal skin absorption.
- The oil soluble property of THD-C means that our vitamin C serums can be formulated without any water- or water-soluble ingredients. This means that they require NO preservatives or antimicrobials, making them safer for you and your skin microbiome (the garden of bacteria and other microbes that call your skin home).
Squalane is a skin biocompatible oil derived from olives, sugar cane or shark livers. Obviously, we choose to use 100% plant derived squalane. Essentially identical to a lipid (oil) produced in abundance by healthy, young skin that decreases significantly from around mid 30’s.
It’s a light, dry and readily absorbed oil that has incredible benefits for all skin types. It intensively moisturises and plumps up dry skin to minimise the appearance of fine lines.
It gives skin a beautiful, luminous glow. It's one of the safest and most non reactive skin care ingredients making it ideal for even the most sensitive skin. It’s a hard working, luxurious multi tasker and is suitable for dry and oily skin as well as every skin type in between.
Distilled Lemon Oil
With it’s fresh, clean and bright aroma, distilled Lemon Oil will bring a smile to your face every time you apply this 100% natural serum. It also helps with balancing the skin microbiome and oil production.
Rosemary extract is a potent natural antioxidant that helps to protect and stabilise the other ingredients.
*These are full ingredients list for chemical free Vitamin C Serum 10%, 20% and 30%. We pride ourselves on our authentic approach to Healthy Skin[care]. Our active ingredients are our only ingredients.
Chemical free Vitamin C Serums are FREE from
Our products are 100% natural and free from skincare nasties like parabens, phthalates, fragrances, sulphates, siloxanes, PEG's or propylene/butylene glycol.
We also choose to avoid using ingredients derived from Palm Oil (which is actually MUCH more difficult than avoiding the not-so-nice ingredients).
Choosing which strength Vitamin C Serum is right for YOUR skin
Not sure which strength vitamin C serum is right for your skin? Read our handy guide on choosing the right strength vitamin C serum here: How To Choose A Vitamin C Serum: Which Strength Is Right For Me? – Nubeean Noosa